Monday, June 1, 2015

How I plan to live a Gone with the Wind life on my mission in 12 steps:

It's only fitting to make as many the Gone with the Wind references as possible when one is about to leave on a mission to Georgia. Here's to hoping that I am as glamorous, but not nearly as obnoxious and selfish as Scarlett O'Hara while I'm there.

Thank you Beth for helping me compile this.

1. Me the last few months with no job, just waiting and waiting and waiting to leave:



2. While I'm proselytizing:



3. When I score a "new" outfit from a sister who is going home:



4. When my companion tells me about her boyfriend back home every day:



5. When my mom, and no one else, emails me that week:



6. On the really bad, discouraging days:


7. But staying hopeful despite the bewilderment:



8. My companion when I get too excited over knowing that the only hot elder will be at Zone Conference:



9. When I want to get hot Elder Ashley's attention at Zone Conference:



10. The other sisters at Zone Conference:



11. Me after my mission president gives me a stern talking-to about my choice of clothing:



12. What I wish will really be happening, but isn't because a) I'm on a mission so I'm a nun for 18 months and b) men like Clark Gable don't exist anymore.



(Just kidding on those last ones guys, I promise to never wear a scandalous red, feathery dress ever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment